Skip to main content

Spring Break Nervous Breakdown

Spring break was alright
Had lots of homework, so no break really
50hr a week management job
20 hour a week part time music teaching gig
And then came my nervous breakdown
Couldn't get out of bed for days
Couldn't sleep
Couldn't relax
Constant panic attacks
I don't know how much longer I can keep up with this
4 classes, 70 hour work weeks
I can't take it anymore
I'm losing it
But I have to keep my 4.0 GPA
I just have to
Being 31 and going back to school with no regrets
But it's definitely harder
I don't know what else to do
I guess I don't really have a choice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Souls (Experiment #1)

A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Souls         It was Sunday when my friends called me up. Perfect weather, perfect day. Didn't matter to me, depression has no preference in climate. It sounded like they had already been drinking. Almost noon, good start. They've been trying to get me out of the house for months now, and today seemed like the day to battle my demons. Golf they said, how predictable. Not much of a sports guy, or a people person, but whatever let's golf.          They pull up in Roger's '99 Porsche Carrera. I thought he had sold that piece of junk. George gets out of the passenger seat and folds it down for me to get in. "How's it going, cocksucker?", he says, douchey as usual. I don't respond. I get in to find Roger's girl in the backseat, Rachel Feinstein. My heart starts pounding as I slide in next to her. My knee touches hers and I quickly jerk it away. She simply cracks a smile and says, "Hi". I die. I simply can&